Hello Girls, I live in the Caribbean with my family and work part-time. For the longest time, could not get my relaxed hair to grow past my shoulders, was super thin and unhealthy so after some time, decided to return natural and will never looked back. Love it, my hair is longer and healthier than ever and am happy.
1. Tell us about yourself.
My name is Adrienne. I love being active and anything athletically competitive and I LOVE movies, particularly RomCom & Action! I’m not the best at styling my hair but I try, that’s what counts right?!? Also, I’m blessed to be married to my love and new hubby! @malc04
2. How long have you been natural and what made you decide to go natural?
It’s been about 4 years. I noticed my hair was unhealthy, my ends were terrible. I wanted my hair to grow so I figured I had to change something.
3. Have you always embraced your natural texture?
Not always, I sort of went back and forward with it when I was younger. I love my hair now, straight or curly.
4. How would you describe your hair?
Long & thick, curl pattern is 3b.
5. What is your natural hair regimen?
I typically wear my hair straight. I go to my hair dresser often because I feel more comfortable letting a professional style it rather than flat ironing it myself and potientially damaging it. When I wear my hair curly, I always use Curl Enhancing Smoothie right after washing it and apply mousse to the ends to enhance my curls.
6. What products can’t you live without?
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, Curl Enhancing Smoothie, & mousse
7. How do you retain length and maintain the health of your hair?
I very rarely flat iron (usually twice a month), and when I do, my hair dresser usually does it. I use heat protectant, and I don’t color or highlight.
8. What lessons have you learned during your natural hair journey?
I can live without a relaxer and it’s not nearly as hard to maintain as I thought it would be.
9. Is there any advice you would like to give to to other fellow curly girls?
It’s all about what you want, try out different methods and products (by word of mouth) to find what works best for your hair and what you prefer.
10. Where can we find you? Fb, instagram, twitter, etc..